Monday, December 31, 2012

Fashionably Late to Carla's January Challenge



I'm biting the bullet and putting myself out there on this one.  I pondered, hesitated, rationalized my way out since I know life is going to get super busy in just a couple more days once the kids are back in school and the extra-curriculars start up after the holidays.  I know work is going to be nuts. But I also know I could say this EVERY.SINGLE.MONTH!!!

So I'm joining Carla's challenge, and I will just do what I can do.  It will be more than I would get done if I didn't even try, right?

For the decluttering part of this challenge, I am going to tackle the large room that functions as a home office, crafting studio, kids' video gaming room.  The paperwork is out of control as well as all the crafting supplies.  It's a big room....about 13x20.  And it is right beside our front door, so I would feel much better when people show up if it looked a little nicer.

For the financial part of this challenge, I am going to get back to my couponing ways for the entire month.  I have really fallen off the wagon on this one, and our grocery budget has gotten out of hand.  I'm not going to limit myself to a specific dollar amount because I don't want to hold back if I find a really good deal I need to add to the stockpile.  But I will coupon every week, try to take advantage of the good sales, and track my savings.  I will consider it a success if we can keep our grocery spending at or under the SNAP level of $668 for a family of four.  This will not include paper goods or personal toiletries since those would not be covered under the food stamp program anyway.  And I promise we won't eat out every night either. LOL

Thanks Carla!  I'm anxious to get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment