Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's time to face reality!

Yep! I actually faced the reality about 30 days ago. But the realization that digging my way out of this hole I've created is going to take a very long time has prompted me to start this blog about my journey back to a firmer financial foundation. My debt load is staggering. At least it is staggering to me. So much that I ignored it for many months. I didn't do a written budget. I just kept using the credit cards. I wasn't conscious about how many hours I chose to devote to my income-producing work. I was half-heartedly using my grocery shopping and couponing skills.

For thirty days I have followed a written budget, paid off each credit card charge within a day of the transaction, and am much more diligent about the time I'm devoting to my business. I can only hope that one day I will look back on this blog and actually see progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment