Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yay me!

I've updated all the tickers at the bottom for the month of March. I find myself thinking about this debt CONSTANTLY! When I had to draw on the line of credit last fall, it really knocked the wind out of my sails. I kinda fell off the blogging wagon and quit updating. Right now I'm trying to balance all my goals of wanting to pay extra towards the debt, wanting to put as much as I can in the Roth, and saving some money back to pay cash for some upcoming expenses.

I think I've finally (at least for today) resolved to be happy if I can pay a total of $10,000 towards the debt balances this year. For the first 3 months, the debt has decreased $2,407.35 so I'm not too far off track to meet that goal. It's not exactly gazelle-intense, but I'm really hoping to get through the summer without borrowing any more money!

As soon as ING credits my accounts tomorrow night for the March interest, I'll be able to finish my spreadsheet for how much the net worth has been funded this year. Maybe I'll also decide how much I can "afford" to part with to send to the Roth IRA. Or maybe not....since Uncle Sam is giving me until April 15 to figure that one out!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You will make that goal....it has a way of gaining momentum.

    ReplyDelete