Friday, April 1, 2011

First Quarter, 2011 Net Worth Funding

I should be working, but I'm procrastinating....

Remember this blast from the past? It's been months since I posted my progress. I figured out the final number I'm willing to pull from checking for the Roth. Combined with a little bit of stock I sold back at the end of 2010, I'll be funding a total of $1,525 into the Roth for 2010. A far cry from the $5,000 allowed contribution, but better than nothing I suppose.


This is a boring spreadsheet, but it helps keep me on track. The big withdrawal from the Rental E-fund in February was to pay the annual property taxes. I'm finally happy with the balance in this E-fund for the rental since it has a full 6 months of expenses. Good thing, since I'll be looking for new tenants as of the first of July.

The other numbers that make me smile are the stock dividends. Many of the quality dividend-paying stocks increase the dividends in the first quarter of the year. I'm reinvesting all these in additional shares, so the dividends keep going up little by little. Dividends for the 1st quarter, 2010 were $201.12 compared to $221.21 so far this year. I'm glad I have the dividends for an inflation hedge since the interest income just keeps getting punier and punier!

No comments:

Post a Comment