Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I just crossed the $10 mark with MTurk earnings

I decided to let them verify my checking account the old-fashioned way (by making two miniscule deposits into my account), so it will be a few days before I transfer the money. But I'll have a few more cents too! This has left me wondering....

Do you report Survey Income or Swagbucks earned on your tax return?


We're all anonymous here, and I don't think the IRS will be monitoring this blog to look for tax evaders.....so tell me the truth. I'm extremely curious.

I do report everything that is deposited into my bank account. I probably missed some Swagbucks, since I usually just post in my money software the amount I've paid for an item. But I think technically I should claim the value of the Amazon gift cards as income. They're not "discounts", they're just alternate methods of payment. I need to remember to keep up with it better in 2011.

Speaking of which, I have enough Swagbucks to get four $5 gift cards, so I think I'm on track to meet the $60 goal I want to have for Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment