Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feeling a little abnormal

Our lunchroom discussion yesterday turned to frugality, tightwads, being cheap, whatever you want to call it. Remember I work in an accounting firm, so most of my co-workers are fiscally conservative by nature anyway. Of the eight people in the room (I've worked with all of them more than 10 years...some of them 24 years), they voted me hands down as the "tightest" with my wallet. The old motto was always "In Debt NEVER pays retail." What they don't understand is that I could never support our standard of living (housing, kid activities, etc) if I wasn't as tight as a tick. I think they would also be shocked to know the level of credit card debt I allowed to accumulate in 2008 and 2009. Even so....I walked back to the office wondering just how weird I really am. Then I glanced over a few of the PF blogs in my Google Reader, and felt back among friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment