Saturday, January 14, 2012

ING's IRA Offer - might be just the boost I need!

Remember when I started listing my 2012 goals?  I really never finished the list, but I know that my retirement savings needs to be pushed to the top of the list despite the debt levels.  The debt will pay itself off...eventually. But you can never go back and make up those years you missed contributing to a retirement account.

Yesterday in the mail, I received a postcard from ING with a little sweet offer attached.  Open an IRA (Savings or CD) and make a $500 minimum deposit before January 31, 2012 and they'll add a $50 2012 contribution to your account just a couple of weeks later.  Now I'm the first to admit that keeping money in a savings account earning 0.80% or a CD earning 0.50% is not going to go far towards funding retirement.  But, I do have a Sharebuilder Roth IRA (it's SO easy to transfer between my ING and Sharebuilder accounts!).  And since my gut feeling is that the market is heading for a correction, I'm happy to keep my money in cash until some of those stock valuations get a little more reasonable.  And to get a 10% bonus on top of the money I put in?  Sweet deal in my book!

Check it out!  www.retiremyway.com/50

No comments:

Post a Comment