Thursday, November 12, 2009

Avoiding interest on the credit card balance

A second month of avoiding interest on the balance of the Kroger credit card. The hardest part about this is remembering to make the payments immediately. I try to clean out the receipts from my purse every day (or every day that I've actually spent money). I record them on my Microsoft Money software, update my Excel spreadsheet with this month's budget, and then log on to the credit card payment site and transfer the payment. I have noticed that when life gets really crazy (which it has been the past week or so), I get behind on this by 3 or 4 days. That's not been a problem yet, but I just have to make sure that 3 or 4 days doesn't turn in to 3 or 4 weeks. If it does, my strategy is shot.

The current statement from this credit card shows:

Previous Balance $713.93
Payments/Credits -$819.65
Transactions $783.82
FINANCE CHARGES $0.00
New Balance $678.10

As you can see, I did find an extra $35.83 to apply to the balance of this loan bringing my new total to $678.10. That little calculator on the ticker is just moving on down the line!!


No comments:

Post a Comment