Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rental Mortgage Update - Nov. '09

Statements have arrived for the mortgages. Last month, $532.19 was shaved off the balance of this one!

This has been such a manageable loan for over 6 years, I can hardly believe I'm thinking about refinancing it into the fixed rate portion of the HELOC. I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should suck it up for the next 45 months to pay this loan off in full, or combine this with the HELOC balance when I convert it to a fixed rate for the next 10 or 15 years. I haven't made a final decision, so stay tuned!

UPDATED: Just heard that the Dems have all 60 votes for cloture on the Health Care Bill. I'm guessing Demcare is going to pass since, as I understand it, they will only need 51 votes to actually pass a bill. The inevitable higher taxes and higher insurance premiums have me scared to death. I'm leaning toward refinancing and lowering my monthly fixed costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment