Monday, July 5, 2010

Glad to be back in the land of the deals

I am so glad to be home and getting back on schedule with my deal-shopping. I realize how lucky it is to have all 6 of my shopping places within a couple of miles of my home. I really wanted to snag some drugstore deals while we were on the road, but I had a hard time finding Walgreens and CVS close to where we were staying. Definitely not like home, where there seems to be a Walgreens on every corner!!

I do my main grocery shopping at Kroger. This is where I earn points for free groceries and a 15 cents per gallon off gasoline. But I shop for deals almost every week at Harris Teeter, Publix, CVS, Walgreens and Target. Target is the farthest away....at 2.4 miles according to Google Maps. I don't always hit all 6 places every week, but if it's a good week I will.

I had some CVS Extra Care Bucks that were expiring today, so I went ahead and made my weekly trip this afternoon. Now I know that paying full price at CVS is paying way too much for my frugal heart. I luckily had coupons for everything on my what's-on-sale list this week, so for what would normally have been $38.51, I handed over $7 in ECB's plus $12.94 cash and they handed me back $5 more ECB's!

Getting almost $40 of things we use on a regular basis for less than $15 makes me one happy camper!!! And honestly, is the only way we're able to stretch our limited income as far as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment