Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR & Money Market Loan Update - Dec. '09

Just to show you how old I'm getting, I fell asleep with the 4yo last night and didn't even see the New Year ring in!! I think that probably epitomizes my feelings about 2009. It's one I'm happy to close the books on. It was a hard year for us....emotionally. I added "landlord" and "executor" and "trustee" on top of all the other hats I was already wearing. My husband's emotions went into overdrive with his mother's death, and his alcohol use turned into abuse which spiraled our lives and our marriage into a place I never want to go again. Fortunately, about the time he was able to regain control of his addiction, I decided to regain control of our finances.

We are in a much better place emotionally, spiritually, and financially than we were when I started this blog. It's still going to take a long time to dig our way out of the damage, but I do have hope --- which is something I couldn't see much of six months ago.

Anyway, my early bedtime meant I never posted the final December update for the Money Market loan. Not much change here. But when I sent my extra auto money for the month to the New Car Fund, I rounded up $4.73 and applied that to the Money Market Loan portion in that account. New balance of the Money Market Loan = $4,643.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment